- Plastic Frame
- Shatterproof and scratch-resistant polycarbonate lenses
- Available in +4.5 to +6.0 strengths in .50 increments
- Available in Black Only
- Weight: 2 oz (60 grams)
By wearing the strongest reading glasses, it can help people with vision problems such as macular degeneration, glaucoma, cateracts, or worsening eye sight. These are great in style and the design is very contemporary.
Just as our physical strength decreases with age, our eyes also exhibit an age-related decline in performance — particularly as we reach our 60s and beyond.Some age-related eye changes, such as presbyopia, are perfectly normal and don’t signify any sort of disease process. Cataracts can be considered an age-related diseaseSome of us, however, will experience more serious age-related eye diseases that have greater potential for affecting our quality of life as we grow older. These conditions include glaucoma, macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy.
Causes of Low Vision
Eye diseases are a common cause of low vision:
- Hazy, blurry vision can result from cataracts.
- Blurred or partially obscured central vision is typical of macular degeneration.
- Diabetic retinopathy causes blind spots, blurriness and visual distortions.
- Poor peripheral vision is a hallmark of glaucoma.
- Retinitis pigmentosa reduces peripheral vision and the ability to see in the dark.
- Light sensitivity and loss of contrast are other symptoms of these and other diseases.
Heredity and eye injuries also can result in low vision.
Children as well as adults can be visually impaired, sometimes because of a birth defect or an injury. Children with low vision may have problems in learning concepts, and they need special instruction from their earliest years on. They also need additional help with socialisation among other children and adults. But low vision more commonly affects adults and seniors. Their vision loss can be very traumatic, leading to frustration and depression. Losing the ability to drive safely, read quickly, watch television or view a computer screen can cause people with low vision to feel shut off from the world. They may be unable to get around town independently or shop for food and other necessities.