- Half Frame Style
- Spring Hinges
- Shatterproof and scratch-resistant polycarbonate lenses
- Available in +4.5 to +6.0 strengths in .50 increments
- Available in Gold
- Weight: 2 oz (60 grams)
These Magnifying Reading Glasses can help people with vision problems such as macular degeneration, glaucoma, cateracts, or worsening eye sight. This classic gold semi rimmed frame is a great favourite.
Just as our physical strength decreases with age, our eyes also exhibit an age-related decline in performance — particularly as we reach our 60s and beyond.
Some age-related eye changes, such as presbyopia, are perfectly normal and don’t signify any sort of disease process. Cataracts can be considered an age-related disease, they are extremely common among seniors.
Some of us, however, will experience more serious age-related eye diseases that have greater potential for affecting our quality of life as we grow older. These conditions include glaucoma, macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy.
Causes of Low Vision
Eye diseases are a common cause of low vision:
- Hazy, blurry vision can result from cataracts.
- Blurred or partially obscured central vision is typical of macular degeneration.
- Diabetic retinopathy causes blind spots, blurriness and visual distortions.
- Poor peripheral vision is a hallmark of glaucoma.
- Retinitis pigmentosa reduces peripheral vision and the ability to see in the dark.
- Light sensitivity and loss of contrast are other symptoms of these and other diseases.
Heredity and eye injuries also can result in low vision.