- Polycarbonate Resistant Frame
- Curvature for maximum wrap around fit
- UV Protected Lenses BS EN ISO 12312-1:2013
- Filter Category 2 (medium sunshine)
- Integral Bifocal Reading Lens
- Shatterproof and scratch-resistant polycarbonate lenses
- Available in +1.0 to +3.0 strengths in .50 increments
- Weight: 2 oz (60 grams)
- Suitable for Sports or Workplace
- Tested to BS EN 14139:2010
These fabulous Safety Bifocal Sunglasses will give you protection whilst working outdoors.
It is important to know that not always dark lenses provide complete protection. One has to check the glasses’ quality and provenience to be sure to have the right protection. Five categories are defined, for coloured, photochromatic and sunglasses lenses. Each category corresponds to a minimum level of UV protection. The wearer must verify the pertaining category and indications for use.
- CAT 0 (transparent or slightly coloured lenses)- [80-100% transmission] Use: Inside or overcast skies.
- CAT 1 (Slightly coloured lenses) – [43-80% transmission] Use: hazy sunshine.
- CAT 2 (Medium coloured lenses) – [18-43% transmission] Use: medium sunshine.
- CAT 3 (Dark lenses) – [8-18% transmission] Use: Strong sunshine.
- CAT 4 (Very dark lenses) – [3-8% transmission] Use: Intense sunshine, lenses not to be used on the road, including driving..
Glasses marked CE, according to the European norm, are suitable for a correct eye protection. However, there are cases where additional protection is required.These glasses are made from toughened polycarbonate and are impact resistant.