- Curvature for maximum wrap around fit
- UV 400 Protected Lenses BS EN ISO 12312-1:2013
- Polarised Lenses Filter Category 3 (Good for Sun, Water, Snow and Ice)
- Side Glazed
- Resistant Polycarbonate Frame
- Moulded nose piece
- Scratch-resistant acrylic lenses
- Available in +1.5 to +3.0 strengths in .25 increments
- Available in Black and Tortoiseshell
- Weight: 2 oz (60 grams) and floatable
- Tested to BS EN 14139:2010
As their name suggests, bifocal fly fishing lenses have two lens powers — one for distance and one for near. The lower half of a bifocal lens contains the near segment for reading and other close-up tasks. The rest of the lens has no correction at all in it, perfect if you have good distance vision.
Whether you’re fishing on wooded streams, open rivers, or the middle of the ocean these bifocal fishing sunglasses have you covered. The full wrap around design gives you back your peripheral vision whilst wearing them. They come with a handy neck chain already in place and the brown lenses are perfect for bright sunny days and overcast ones too. The lightweight frame means they float as well, perfect for anyone who’s around water.
How Do Polarised Lenses Work?
Light reflected from surfaces such as a flat road or smooth water generally is horizontally polarised. This means that, instead of light being scattered in all directions in more usual ways, reflected light generally travels in a more horizontally oriented direction. This creates an annoying and sometimes dangerous intensity of light that we experience as glare. Polarised lenses contain a special filter that blocks this type of intense reflected light, reducing glare. For most other sports and activities, polarised sunglasses offer great advantages.