- UV Protected Lenses BS EN ISO 12312-1:2013
- Filter Category 3 (Bright Sunlight)
- Metal Frame
- Adjustable Nose piece
- Scratch-resistant acrylic lenses
- Available in +1.0 to +4.0 strengths in .25 increments
- Available in Black and Gold Frame
- Tested to BS EN 14139:2010
These full lens gold aviator sun readers in a sturdy metal frame are bang on trend. Fighter pilots-inspired with an ultra-lightweight feel, they’re both stylish and functional.
What are my options to prevent UV damage to my eyes?
You must wear sunglasses to prevent damage to your eyes. While some contact lenses provide UV protection, they don’t cover your whole eye, so you still need sunglasses.
When do UV rays affect my eyes?
Most people think that they’re at risk only when they’re outside on a sunny day, but UV light can go right through clouds, so it doesn’t matter if the sky is overcast. The sun’s rays are strongest between 10 am and 2 pm. Glare and reflections can give you trouble, so have your sunglasses ready if you’ll be around snow, water or sand.
We also do this frame in Black and you can find it by clicking here.